Script Date: 02/12/1997
Category: Channel Linking Scripts
Links channels on different IRC networks.
Extended Description File
README for link.tcl by Goo (email@example.com).
There'll be a web page soon at http://www.ign.com.au/~gumby to
go with this readme.
Link.tcl is a script for linking 2 or more IRC channels.
It is written for the eggdrop bot written by Robey Pointer.
The linked channels may be on the same network, or different
networks, it makes no difference.
It has been written with simplicity in mind - setup your bot,
link it to others via the botnet as for any other eggdrop and
if the other bots have link.tcl loaded as well, they will
communicate and set each other up. (At least this is what
its _meant_ to do :)
1. Unpack the tar archive into your eggdrop directory --
it should put link.tcl into your scripts directory
(<eggdrop dir>/scripts by default) and put linkhelp.*
into your eggdrop directory.
2. Edit the script itself (link.tcl) and read the top 20 lines or so.
3. Add it to your eggdrop configuration file, ie add
" source scripts/link.tcl " to your config.
4. Rehash/reload/whatever, just do something to get it to re-read its
* Fix up 'who' command so it tells you if there's no one
on the other networks. At the moment, all it does is
send out a request for info, and wait for a reply -
if there's no reply, it doesn't tell the user. (ie
if there's no one on the other networks, it won't say
* Fix up the help files maybe? They're pretty cruddy :)
If you have any suggestions as to things to add to the script,
or comments/bug reports please mail them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you make any groovy modifications to the script please send
them in too :)
Hope it works well for you :)
3rd Dec '97