Author: Dagmar d'Surreal
Script Date: 05/06/1998
Category: Topic Scripts
Topic enforcement script.
Extended Description File
TopicNazi 1.18 by Dagmar d'Surreal
Released June 4th, 1998.
Last version tonight, *I PROMISE*
* Channel topic may be changed by anyone with a voice or ops, provided
they are showing at least +v in the channel. (CPU load would be too
* Channel topic may only be changed with a frequency of once every 60
* Only masters, owners, or other bots may change a topic before the
60 second topic lock has expired. (This *might* work on more than one
bot per channel at a time.)
* To discourage people from trying to 'race' the bot, users who attempt
to change the topic before the timer has expired will be thwarted and
reminded to wait however many seconds are left.
* Users will only be warned once per locking period, to avoid someone
trying to force the bot to flood itself off.
Note: This script requires that you use Eggdrop 1.3.15. There are way too
many people reporting bugs in eggdrop lately who failed to ask themselves,
"Am I running the latest version?"
Yes, I know it was slack of me, but I found one last little bug where if
a master/owner changed the topic manually, it would unlock the topic,
but it would also NOT exit the proc, and go ahead and change it back anyway.
I think we've pretty much worked out the LAST 'left out' thing now. Please
accept my apologies for doing three changes in one night. (I am not a devel
kernel person, I promise! Heh.)
(I'm not going to look, but I think I uploaded a copy of the script as the
.desc file the last time, too. I NEED SLEEP!)