Version: 6.0 Beta
Script Date: 13/07/2002
Category: Game Scripts
Advanced trivia game script.
Extended Description File
Nerfbendr's Triviabot v6.0 Beta ©Copyright 2000+ by Nerfbendr
Created by Nerfbendr for #Chat_Central for Undernet started on
April 21st, 2000! Feel free to e-mail me at email@example.com
if there's any questions,complaints or comments!
Also remember to visit my website at http://nerfbendr.cjb.net to
see how my other channelgames for Eggdrops are coming along! 8)
Rules Of Play:
Gameplay is simple...the triviabot displays a question and everyone
has a certain number of seconds to guess the answer...the first person
to guess properly gets the points!
Below are only *SOME* of the features inherent to Triviabot v6.0:
- Stats kept track of a player include: daily, weekly, monthly and yearly
scores so far, the highest number of times in a row they've won, their
fastest time they got an answer and how many times they've matched their
fastest answer time!
- View the top 10 scores of ANY day, week, month or year!
- Completely configurable settings so that your trivia channel *WON'T*
play like everyone else's channel that uses the bot!
- All of the triviabot settings are held in a seperate config file so
any and all updates of the triviabot script won't require you to
re-configure your triviabot...just replace the triviabot tcl in your bot
and off you go!
- All critical commands now use hostmasks so people can't just take
your nick and 'mess' with your bot!
- Auto and Manual FTP ability to send text and web scores to your website!
- Hints can now be enabled, disabled, set to either a certain number of
letters hint based on a minimum-to-maximum setting in the config file,
or give out a certain percentage of letters in the answer as the hint!
(So 50% of the answer can be displayed for a hint, this way whether
it's a 4 or 20 letter answer, the hint is fair!)
- Players that request the next question can't use the !hint command or
make any more guesses on the question they wanted skipped in order to
be fair to all the 'non-quitters'! ;)
- Already Asked Trivia Tracking Code can track all your trivia without
any cpu hogging of the bot!
- A ScrambleBot has been integrated into the Triviabot and gameplay
can be either pure trivia, pure scramble, or a mix of both
- The bot will accept multiple answers to a question if your trivia banks
have more than one answer to a question!
- The bot can use a form of fuzzy logic to determine if a guess is close
enough to an actual answer to warrant a win!
(Experimental...you've been warned!)
- Bonus points can be given for players on a winning streak for every
x questions in a row they get!
- Bonus point trivia can be enabled - same with bonus point scrambles!
- Hint modes during trivia include Letter Hints, Scramble Hints
(Trivia mode only) and Reverse Hints!
- If you upgrade from a previous version to this one there should be none
or minimal score loss of your players!
(But you can easily use the transfer and adjust commands to fix them!) 8)
***NOTE: THE CONFIG FILE AS OF v5.9 IS NEW!!! YOU *MUST* USE THE NEW
CONFIG FILE REGARDLESS OF A PREVIOUS VERSION YOU MAY USE...EVERYTHING
ELSE SHOULD BE FINE!***
...the list can go on to cover many more features in the triviabot,
but why waste your time in reading it here when you can experience them
all yourself live...